Thursday, October 22, 2009

I <3 Boobies..


So Logan came home yesterday with a new bracelet.. A white plastic one with pink writing.. Now what could possibly make my 14 year old boy wear a little pink & white plastic bracelet? Hmm.. only the fact that written on it is "I <3> Boobies" & "Keep a breast!"
Keep a breast indeed.. My Grandmother (who we lovingly referred to as Doe-Doe as in Doe-Doe Brain) was a breast cancer survivor. Last year a Mom from my kids school passed away from breast cancer. She was in her early 40's. Breast cancer is the second most common cause of cancer.
A few days ago I saw a little girl wearing a shirt that said "Find a cure before I grow boobs". Someone said the shirt was inappropriate. No, the fact that there is no cure for cancer is what is inappropriate. October is breast cancer awareness month - make a donation, join a team and walk for the cure, or simply make sure you and the people you love are getting regular breast exams, including men.

Also keep in mind that women that breastfeed their babies for 6+ months may lower their overall chances of certain kinds of breast cancer. Ahh - the benefits for both mommy & baby. To help raise awareness of breastfeeding and its importance I have created a shirt design that you can see/get on my Very Chic Baby blog. http://verychicbaby.blogspot.com/2009/10/finished.html


And remember: I <3> Boobies!
~~Jenny

No comments: