Monday, October 26, 2009

My music mastermind!


So have I mentioned lately how funny some of my kids are? Dalton in particular? I love it when he starts his sentences with "It must suck when".. Okay, so maybe that isn't the nicest way to begin a sentence but he is 9 & that is about the baddest word he can use so gimme a break.. Besides, the revelation that comes after that is generally amazingly funny..

Such as "It must really suck to be ____'s Mom.." (Why we ask) "Because she has 5 boys - don't you think she wanted to have at least one girl?" (Maybe she likes all those boys - you know NOT every mom wants to have a girl - boys are pretty great too) "Yeah, still, I bet it sucks."

Or just when making a general observation when its POURING BUCKETS of rain & we see kids walking to school in the rain.. "It must suck to walk to school in the rain".

Some of our weekend conversations go like this: "A lot of blonde girls have braces - just look at my friend Braeden.. " (He's a boy) "Oh yeah."

Lala is talking about her friend Sydney. Dalton says "Is she from Australia?" (Why) "Isn't Sydney in Australia?"

The number one best thing about Dalton besides his insightfullness would have to be his uncanny ability to put up with my music. In the mood for old school Madonna? Fine by him. Feel like some REO Speedwagon, crank it up - he'll gladly sing along. Wanna jam to Red Hot Chili Peppers, lets do it. Seriously though this kid knows the words to any song you can put on. Country, Rock, Rap, Pop, you name it, he knows it..

The last few weeks have brought a lot of turmoil around here - if its not one thing - its another. When I am in certain moods some songs get more play time than others. At the end of some days I pick up the kids up & there is one song playing on repeat. "Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks.. Kind of gives the kids a heads up about what kind of day I have had.. But the last few days my mood has required Micky & the Motorcars. Over and over. In the house and in the car. Dalton routinely sings along while the other kids ask if we can PLEASE listen to something else.. (Nope!) People love to quote things. I like certain lines from their songs.

Rock Springs to Cheyenne - "I’m kind of glad it’s dark outside, Cause there really ain’t nothing to see"


You've got Me - "You can go anywhere, There’s no place like here"


Oh - & in case you are wondering the best line I'm not ready to make nice -
"I'm not ready to make nice, I'm not ready to back down, I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round and round" & "It's too late to make it right I probably wouldn't if I could, Cause I'm mad as hell, can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should"...


Anyways, thanks Dalton, for singing along!! :)
Happy Monday,
Jenny

No comments: