Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Extensions?


So I have some red extensions in this picture.. what can I say.. my mama is a little silly. She thinks she is soooooo funny. really.. ask anyone. she is very very silly!!

Anyways, lots of questions recently regarding my wool pants. Yes, its my signature style (and mine alone - seriously people - how many kids do you know that wear wool pants?), nooo they are not too hot, and yes! they keep anyone holding me from getting wet! Mommy gets them from other mommies that are talented enough to be able to knit & crochet. She gets to pick cool colors & fun appliques that match all of my shirts! Of course some of my shirts are just regular old white ones that Mommy and Lala dye. They are way too creative with my clothes people...

Anyways, then after mommy (*and only mommy) puts a regular cloth diaper on me she puts a wool cover over it to keep in the moisture. And as anyone in our house can tell you if I ain't got a cover on you don't want to be picking me up!! Unless I am wearing a pocket diaper or an all in one (AIO).. So many kinds, so little time... So.. wool holds in the moisture and prevents my friends and family from getting wet. Wool is a natural fiber that repels wetness & does not require regular washings.

I know the real reason Mommy uses cloth on me though. Truth is she loves the attention, the questions, the strange looks, and helping to lessen our footprint on the earth is a good thing too! Plus, I hate wearing paper underwear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it though. If it gets pee on it, how does it get clean if it doesn't need regular washing? Why am I not wearing wool pantaloons? I tried to think back to my first experience with hippy-chic cloth diapers for Caleb 15 some odd years ago and he had to have this horrible plastic cover with velcro sides over the cloth diaper. Had I known about the wool pants then, I think I could have stuck it out through two kids. Caleb only made it about 6 months and then the plastic covering drove me over the edge! I'm seriously considering having someone make me a pair of wool short shorts to wear around the house, just to try them out!